CATERSHOF

Catershof is one of the oldest buildings in the town Merksem. It is the first time mentioned in 1479. The noble family Le Cat gave the building its name when they bought it in 1680. The estate went to Baron De Vinck, Lord of Wuustwezel in 1735. It would stay for more than two centuries in his family. Albéric and Robert Du Chastel De la Howardie inherit the domain and sell it in 1956 to Karel Torlfs. His daughter lived in the house until November 2005. The 96 year old widow of Karel Torfs still lives in a smaller house close by Catershof.
BACK / BACK TO VARIOUS CASTLES / NEXT