The domain was inherited in 1650 by Jehan Dorco and Camillo Dorchi. Shortly after they inherited the domain they built the castle. It was bought in 1754 by P. Serruys who restored the castle. The largest part of the domain was sold in 1936 to a real estate company. Between 1929 and 1933 there was boarding school in the castle.
Castle Arendsnest is private property but can be viewed from the public road.