The central part of the castle was built by Thomas Bidart in 1639. He created a comfortable house surrounded by curtain walls and towers. Two of those towers are still standing. Bidart was a pioneer in the steel industry and he made a fortune during the thirty year's war manufacturing arms at a plant close to the old castle. He earned the rights to the title Lords of Ansembourg which had belonged to the Raville family until 1671.
the castle went through marriage to the Marchant family and they transformed the castle into todays modern looking castle. They extended the courtyard and added two wings in 1719.
Since 1987 the castle belongs to Sukyo Mahikari who have undertaken substantial renovation work.
The gardens are everyday open to the public.