Differdagne castle was built in 1577. On the foundations of an older stronghold dating back to 1310. The first lord of Differdange Castle
was Wilhelm, brother of the Lord of Soleuvre, who is mentioned in documents from 1310 when he owned the fortified castle. The lords of Differdange
lasted only until the death of Wilhelm's grandson around the year 1400.
When the Castle burns down in 1552, the owner Anna von Insenburg decided not to repair it but to build a new residential castle
At the beginning of the 20th century, the castle comes into the hands of a local steel industry mogul who used it as a hotel and a restaurant
for its staff. Since 1997, the castle has been let to Miami University for use as its Miami University Dolibois European Center.
So the inside can not be visited but the outside can be admired.