Clicking on the thumbnails will give you a bigger picture in a new window


D'OUPEYE

Oupeye is a rural village close to the city Liege. The castle of Oupeye consists out of an old keep and a more recent castle erected in the 17th century. For the first traces of the castle we have to go back to the year 1176. The castle burned down to the ground in the 12th and 15th century but was always rebuild. The first owners were the Lords D'Oupeye but it would change hands many times until the 17th century. In the beginning of the 17th century the castle that was largely in ruins was bought by the merchant family Curtius. They would rebuilt the castle in the style we still can admire now.
The property was bought by the town of Oupeye in the 20th century. It was restored in 1980.
From the medieval 12th century stronghold only the massive keep remains. The other buildings date from the 17th century.

BACK TO THE PROVINCE LIEGE