Clicking on the thumbnails will give you a bigger picture in a new window


ROUMONT

This beautiful chateau that can be partly seen from the public road is still pretty much in the same condition as when it was built in the 18th century. The Collard family was owner of this fief since the 15th century. They start to built this castle in the first half of the 18th century on top of older foundations. It is not really certain when the construction works were started but in one of the stairwells we find the date 1731 and it was completely finished in 1764.
The castle was sold in 1849 to Lady Victory Delvaux for 150 000 bef. Through an inheritance it beomes property of De Fabri in 1911 who sells it publicaly to Lady Desclee Hanrietta the wife of Louis de Halleux for 102 000 bef. Their grandaughters sell the chateau in 1968 to Albert Tiberghein who passes away in 2001. His wife still lives in the castle.

BACK TO THE PROVINCE LUXEMBOURG